I want to very gently remind you that your breasts matter, that you matter; every inch of your body matters and is deserving of care and supportive attention.
Statistics show that many people experience breast discomfort at some point in their lifetimes, and that the number of folks that will report this pain to their primary care giver, or to anyone, is quite low…why? Perhaps because our breasts rarely receive healthy attention as an important consideration in a persons overall care. Breasts hold alot of different emotional responses, and are often sexualized rather than respected, which gives many people a decreased sense of confidence in voicing any concerns they may have about their breasts.
It is an honour to weave; the teachings of Debra Curties and her work with breast massage, the work of Sat Dharam Kaur, and my 20 years of learning through workshop facilitation, learning, one – on-one care, yoga and massage with people on their breast health journey, into this empowering 6 week experiential program.
Through this process may you become a little more conscious, and walk with greater appreciation, harmony and care in your sacred body on this beautiful planet, our home.
This program is primarily geared towards breast health education, but explores different facets of our overall health and the ways we are woven together through body, mind and spirit. There is an accessible movement and yoga practice each week, with meditations, and a different discussion focus at each session over the course of the full program.
What can you expect?
- We’ll be discussing the connections between your breast health and your whole body
- Learn and practice yoga and stretching specifically for your hormone and breast health
- Discuss why you’d consider breast massage and learn self massage and other self care techniques you can put into practice immediately
- Learn about different oils that help to support your breast health
- We’ll explore the lymphatic system and how you can optimize the ways it supports you
- Explore nutritional considerations for our breast health
- Discuss the emotional aspects of this sacred part of our bodies
- Connect with community in a safe way
- Weekly check in/practice sessions
- Support through reflective practices, exclusive weekly downloadable videos, electronic worksheets, and handouts, and a live 90 minute (optional) weekly discussion where we’ll move our bodies and dive deeper into the material.
- Ongoing support during the 6 weeks, as well as unlimited access to Amber’s live zoom classes for the duration of the program.
Enrollment in the full program is necessary, as each week we build on the previous weeks material..
An optional in person day retreat near the course completion (with Covid safe protocols in place) – If there is space, you can also sign up for the day retreat ONLY. More details to come!
There are a maximum number of spots for each session, to maintain a safe space supporting you to show up exactly as you are.
Amber is beyond excited to be offering this very important program and she looks forward to this journey with you…..
October Dates: Registration Closed
Spring Registration will open January 5th, 2022
April 4, 11, 25, May 2, 9, 16 Monday mornings 10:30 – 12:00 (no class Easter Monday, April 18th)
Optional evening offering
March 10, 24, 31, April 14, 21, 28 Thursday evenings 7:00 – 8:30 pm (no class March 17th and April 7th)
Cost: $180 (+HST) Includes all materials, downloadable practice videos, handouts and worksheets, weekly live sessions, an unlimited pass for access to Amber’s Live zoom yoga classes valid during the program dates.
Payment is due on registration to hold your spot as spaces are limited, and does not include the cost of the day retreat.
Refunds (minus 20%) available up to 7 days before program start date, and subject to a 20% admin fee.
In an effort to make this support accessible for all women, there is 1 full Scholarship and 1 spot at 50% off of full cost in each session (needs based). Email email@example.com for more details and to find out how to apply.
Optional day retreat: Dates TBA
Cost: $65 (+HST) for participants of full program
$95 (+HST) If space is available, for day retreat only.
I would like to acknowledge that as a little girl I lost my Nana, one of the most important and special women in my life, to breast cancer. This offering is created in her honour, and in honour of all the women I’ve been privileged to work with over the years. I am grateful for your trust and in awe of your strength, each and every one of you.