The ways we give back
We want to say a big huge thank you to all the students who support our classes, and our karma classes - you are also contributing and genuinely making a heartfelt difference. Giving back is a big part of Surya Daya Yoga & Wellness’s core mission and we are so grateful to be able to support one another in this way.
We are supported to continue to do this work by so many amazing humans, including each of you. During certain times of the year, many of our teachers also donate a percentage of their classes, as well 100% of the money raised from our karma classes goes directly to a local cause, family or into this fund as we asses needs. We couldn’t do this without YOU
During COVID we also recieved some incredible support from our community. One example of this community kindness was found with local mosaic glass artist, Christine Hume. Christine donated a % of her art sales to our SEVA fund, to continue to spread this light through our community during one of our most challenging times. I am grateful beyond words, and it is because of this kindness that I have continued hope for our future.
With our Seva Fund, we have helped local organizations, charities, we help with special requests and families in need in our community. This gesture is a way for us to give back to the community, through our teaching and sharing of these incredible tools and practices and also through these special classes.
With gratitude and so much love, your Yoga Family
Thanks to each of you, due to your generosity, we have also supported our community in incredible ways.
Since the spring of 2018 – March 2021, through the support of our community, your beautiful big hearts and generous spirits, and the service of our teachers we have managed to help support:
- $1444 Lanark County Interval House a safe shelter for women and children
- $225 Almonte General Hospital
- $850 Hunger Stop Lanark County Food Bank
- food baskets to the food bank
- bags of toiletries and other needs for Interval House
- $174 Tour For Kids – for kids with cancer to go to summer camp
- $1500 Tornado Relief Fund for local families
- $3848 support for local families in need
- $250 Food For Thought breakfast programs in local schools
- $675 Movember – raising awareness and funding for men’s mental and physical health
- $400 Lions Club food baskets
- $365 Hub Hospice Palliative Care
- $240 CHEO run for kids
- $200 Lighting the way local environmental initiative
- We have also donated gift certificates to various local fundraising events i.e. SchoolBOX for their annual Latin fiesta fundraiser
As of March 13, 2021, as a community we’ve raised $10,171 towards important organizations, precious local families and offering support for our community to thrive.
We will continue to offer karma classes in our effort to increase awareness and education of important issues. One of our guiding principles is to come together in community to help support eachother, local families and organizations.
We are all connected and it is through our kindness that we nurture those connections. If you would like more information, or would like to hold an event (or have us hold a class for on your behalf) in support of a cause you are passionate about, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Yours in service,